Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Generate software interrupt in MSP430

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil880089

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working with MSP430F1610 Controller and i want to "Generate software interrupt in between the program."

Is there any method in MSP430 to Generate software interrupt .

please Anyone help..me..

Thank You All..

Hello!

There is a lot of source code for MSP430, and I think you can find examples for all the peripheral
interrupts. Now if you could tell exactly what you want to do, it would be easier to help you.
Just to describe MSP430's interrupt system:
Every peripheral (ADC, timer, etc...) has an interrupt capability. When an interrupt occurs, the
hardware looks in a table (usually located at address up to 0xFFFD, FFFE/FFFF being the address of
reset). TI calls this area "interrupt vectors". I don't agree with this name. In fact it's an area that
contains ADDRESSES of interrupt service routines if any. If there is no interrupt, then the value
is 0xFFFF.
But in fact, if you use a C compiler, you don't have to care about this (although it's useful to know
what happens between the scenes). Setup your peripheral so that an interrupt is generated,
write an interrupt service routine, and you're on business.

Dora.

As Dora says, please explain what it is you're trying to do exactly. Dora's explained hardware interrupts in detail but you say you're looking for a software interrupt? If you've picked the right term, you mean a CPU instruction like the ARM's SWI or the 68000's TRAP? The MSP430 CPU doesn't appear to have one. Sometimes these are provided to switch CPU protection modes as well as the obvious short subroutine call function, sometimes not, but your CPU doesn't use protected modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back