Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to generate NC Drill in Allegro 15.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous_Ricky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tool select+allegro+drill

hi all,

I am generating NC drill in Allegro but when i am viewing it in CAM 350 or Gerbtool I am not getting drill file of scale same as other artwork files.
Also the it is showing Drills as just dots.

Kindly Help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Ricky

allegro 15.7

Have you controlled the NC Parameters? Exolon Format 2.3, Coordinates Absolute, Output units same as your Layout and so on?
Do your drills have custom symbols? Symbol sizes?

nc drill

Thank you Schallhofer for your reply,

yes I have done all that but not getting desired result

Added after 19 minutes:

I have generated the NC drill but the problem is that it is not showing oblong drills and also drills that are shown are as dots only not actual size.

any suggestions

Ricky

allegro 15.7 nc drill

Do your Gerberviewer perhaps need any other apertures/tooltables?
I nerver got these problem, do not know any ohter solution, sry.

allegro oblong drill

I don't know if this is still needed but NC drill will not put out oblong (slot) drills, to get the slots out you need to use NC route.

allegro layout software 15.7

Hi Scottm,

Could please tell me how generate NC route file I went through allegro help but it was not actually of any help.

Regards,

Ricky

nc generate

1) To view the NC drill file while importing in the gerber yuo must have the NC tool specification file you can see that it is automaticaly generated when you generate the NC drill file.

2) For generating the NC route file there is a option in same menu below the NC drill option.
you must also specify the tool size in a NCroutebits file it is given in the help, kindly check it in the help.

nc route drill

Actually, you don't need the route data, PCB fab will generate the data from drill drawing.

allegro nc route

Hi Chenxztiger,
Could you please elaborate on the process for generating Route data from Drill drawing.
what are the steps you generally follow to generate NC Route .

thanks in advance,

Ricky

allegro drill slot

Make sure you select "Auto tool select" in NC Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back