Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate gerber file for a model using CST MWS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahid78

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i want to fabricate a microstrip antenna which i have modeled in cst mws

now i need gerber file to fabricate the antenna

i am wondering how i can generate gerber file for my model using cst mws

thanks

cst gerber export

well .dxf export is possible but pcb fabrication guys told me that need gerber file to fabricate pcb
i am thinking of converting .dxf file to gerber by some means .
any guidance in this regard would be welcome

thanks

cst gerber

hello.. i m also trying to get gerber file from cst. I tried to export the .dxf but it seems there is some problem. Does any one know how to get the gerber file from cst?

Thank you

cst gerber import

prafuldeo said:
I'm also trying to get gerber file from cst. I tried to export the .dxf but it seems there is some problem. Does any one know how to get the gerber file from cst?

Almost any CAM editor like CAM350, Gerbtool, Camtastic, etc, can import a DXF file, and export a Gerber file.

Likewise, almost any EDA software such as Altium, Mentor, Cadence, etc, can import DXF files and generate Gerber files.

There's also a free program available from Sonnet that can do the job. You have to register to get it at : **broken link removed**

If you have trouble finding a way to do the conversion, PM your file to me and I'll convert it to a Gerber for you.

generate gerber file

prafuldeo said:
hello.. i m also trying to get gerber file from cst. I tried to export the .dxf but it seems there is some problem.

while exporting .dxf from CST, make sure to move you local coordinate to the plane you want to export. And as House_Cat suggested, import that in CAM software to convert it to gerber.

dxf cst

Hi shameemkabir...
what do you mean to move the local coordinates? As when I export the file to .dxf, it doesn't ask for anything?

.cst file

I want to import a layout designed by Altium in CST.

But the layout in CST has not volume. it is only a surface.

What should I do?

convert autocad to gerberfile solfware

Hi House_Cat,

I have the model in CST. I converted it to dxf file. But as I see, in the dxf file, the model only has the spiral curve. What i want is the spiral microstrip (a region not a curve) for etching on FR4. So I change in AutoCAD to set the red color (which means Cu) on the region inside the spiral curve. The file now is .dwg file.Now I want to convert it to gerber file (to fabricate). Would u help me to convert it. I post here all the dxf and dwg file.

cam350 file to altium file

I met the similar problem.
But what i did is I export dxf from CST (make sure all ur structures at z=0),and import this dxf from ADS.And ADS can generate gerber for u. U need to make sure the unit is the same as that in CST before u click OK to import, otherwise the dimensions will not correct. Then, define the substrate and move the layers separately.

cst to gerber

Hi thephuong07,

Attached is the Gerber file for your spiral. I imported your DXF file to CAM350, poured a polygon into the empty spiral, and exported the result to a Gerber layer.

The whole process took less than 2 minutes.

Since your DXF file didn't specify units or dimensions, please let me know the dimensions of your original spiral so I can check them against the Gerber file.

Re: cst gerber import

Almost any CAM editor like CAM350, Gerbtool, Camtastic, etc, can import a DXF file, and export a Gerber file.

Likewise, almost any EDA software such as Altium, Mentor, Cadence, etc, can import DXF files and generate Gerber files.

There's also a free program available from Sonnet that can do the job. You have to register to get it at : **broken link removed**

If you have trouble finding a way to do the conversion, PM your file to me and I'll convert it to a Gerber for you.

are u still there?

hello all,
i want to export a CST file to a gerber file but i have no idea how to do it. would someone help me please? i am confused like how to do it.

File->Export->gerber...
I would recommend you to heal your structure before it,which can be done as Object->Heal all shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back