Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate bias voltage for OpAmp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

firsttimedesigning

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a circuit that can generate the bias voltage for the opamp that I have designed...so far that circuits I have looked at are either supply or temperature dependent...is there any circuit out there that does not use diode and can generate the bias voltage for opamp?

You can use a peaking voltage ref (check G&M) or you can use a VT reference from the MOS Threshold voltage.

thank you for replaying...but i dont see any peaking voltage ref...the only thing i saw is peaking current ref...maybe i can get the voltage that i want by putting a resistor on top of M2 but the thing i am worried about is that when i fabricate the chip, the resistor might have a 20% error in the resistance.....

Why do you need the bias voltage?

bias current is OK, what you truely need is just current.

Sorry - I meant to say peaking current reference.
You're correct that you might see some process spread if you use something like a resistor. You could get around that by biasing with an off-chip resistor, if that is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.