Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate 4 bias voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holddreams

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to generate 4 bias voltage?
Use bandgap ?
Any related papers to share?

Thanks.

What's the meaning of "4 bias voltages"? Do you mean four independent voltages? if it is, you can just use regulator or bandgap.

baisd voltages for a transistors ?

nxing said:
What's the meaning of "4 bias voltages"? Do you mean four independent voltages? if it is, you can just use regulator or bandgap.

hi,
I want to design a circuit which can generate four diffenrent voltage,for example V1,V2,V3,V4.
Do you have any paper about this?
Thanks.

use one bandgap and then utilize it for generating ur 4 bias voltages (cascoding etc techniques)

Hi holddreams,

Are these bias voltages used as reference in your system, if yes. Then buffer the BGR output and source a current through a resistor ladder, get your references.

If no, then please elaborate on what are they used for, what accuracy do you need in them?

ambreesh said:
Hi holddreams,

Are these bias voltages used as reference in your system, if yes. Then buffer the BGR output and source a current through a resistor ladder, get your references.

quote]

yes, i want it that way.
Can you send me a paper about this?
Or can you draw a configure as you said?
Thanks.

Also another question, if use a resistor ladder,does the temperature have a little effect on the whole circuit?

Dear holddreams :

Pls reference it.

Best Regards,
mpig

I think Martins book is having a ckt which shows the cascode bias volatge generations and tail curent bias generationjs voltages

Use BGR to generate a stable voltage. Convert it to current. then use current mirrors to get any proportional current you need....

The paper provided is not a good example. There is no start-up circuit, and the schematic is wrong. (NMOS and PMOS symbols incorrect). I wouldn't trust it...

you can get a Vref about 1.2V with a bandgap reference,then using the amplifier you can get more voltage which are steady as the Vref
you can get the different voltages:
vout=(R1+R2)/R2*Va≈(R1+R2)/R2*Vin

Dear friend,

You can use one independent current source, and make your required voltages using current mirrors. Good Luck

I guess these 4 bias voltages are for opamp bias, using replica method, you can get them without consider voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back