Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW TO GENERATE 0-10V USING DAC TO OP-AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumansingh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys..
can any one tell me how to generate the 0-10V by using op-amp..?

Hi,
pls refer to Fig. 9_ as principe of solution, then these DAC delivers 1.23V, its amplified in case of appl. idea to max 5V. Your need is 10V, so you have R2--R4 to change for a higher amplifying with OP191 from 1.23V to 10V (instead 5V)... Its all.
K.

tnx 4 replying...karesz

but in my application if iam giving 1V i/p to the op-amp should be 1V o/p...if iam giving 1.2V....the o/p should be 1.2V only ok..like dat i hv to generate up tp 10V... for my dimming ballast application...it is nt manuval mode..all r generate AUTOMATICALLY....so plz tell me clearly

tnx

Sorry, I dint understand your subject...
Have you an DAC with voltage output & in what kind of range is pls, what you have to amplify up to 0--10V?
Or you dont have more DAC in system as the in title you have suggested?
K.

actually iam using here msp430fg4619 mc..k and it is inbuilt DAC...k n my application is dimming ballast..k for this dimming purpose i wnt to genarate 0-10VDC
means if my vol is 0...the ballast is 0% dimm , if my vol is 3V my ballast is 30% dimm like dat up to 10V...100%.but here MC o/p vol is 3.5 ok.....so here i wnt 0-10VDC automatically...nt manually...

Hi,
As I read it from the data sheet, it delivers max. AVcc voltage output(or Uref).
that means only, that you must have an OpAmp with RtoR Output supplyd on minimum +10.5...+11V and od amplify it.
Of course it will be automaticaly controlled as a 0..+10V potential, if you will control your DAC in system automatically :)...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.