Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to further reduce the leakage current of an IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshel

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In powerdown mode, some chip have leakage of 1uA, but other just have 10nA current.
How to achieve that?

Thanks.

1. Power-gating
2. Clock-gating
3. Subthreshold Operation
4. Multi-Threshold CMOS
5. Increase Threshold

marshel

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, I have just found a paper about how to decrease leakage current. The paper metioned power gating and multi-threshold cmos.

SkyHigh, can you show me the detailed information about this?
Thanks!

SkyHigh, can you show me the detailed information about this?

Sure! Search the IEEE Xplore for papers published by Kaushik Roy, Gary Yeap, Chandrakasan, Rabaey, Brodersen, Gwee, Yeo, Nairn, Toumazou, Haigh, Arslan, Chang

You can also search for papers using keywords such as MTCMOS, Variable threshold, subthreshold, power-gating, clock-gating, memory partitioning.

There are books written by Gary Yeap, Kaushik Roy and Chandrakasan. They are perhaps the three more renowned experts in low-power IC design, with very well-written chapters explaining many ways to reduce power consumption including topics on leakage reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back