Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to fix timing violations in SOC encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsitechnology

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
soc encounter violations

I am doing a project can anyone help me how to fix total DRVs

After doing post route optimization i got total DRVs as ( max fanout, max cap, max transition)= ( 98,38,0) and real DRVs are (0,0,0)

Plz help me its urgent
Bye take care

timing violations in soc

Normally, we dont care about the fanout violations.

For cap violations,check the drv report & select the pin which has cap violation in the GUI.
Now, look for the instance which is driving thsi high cap pin.
Try to upsize this instance & you should see some cap violation improvement..

drv soc encounter

If you want to reduce max_cap violations you can set max_tran to a lower value, re-optimize, then set you max_tran back to original value and run drv check again...they should either be gone or greatly reduced.

Added after 52 seconds:

Note, when I say re-optimize, I mean run drv fixing again.

pin timing encounter

But these max cap violations are external which means it is there in the i/o pad so how can i upsize that and downsize that
?

Added after 1 minutes:

Hello iwpia but how can i set max trans to a lower value?? bcz in sdc it will be defined right? so we can't change the sdc file am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back