Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fix notch violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

designer_ec

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
what is notch violation,any body give me pictorial view and how to fix notch violations.And also if we have 200 or 300 notch violations in design how to fix those violation.I mean manually fix those or any smart technique to fix those notch violations.

Thanks in advance.

notch command post

While routing, if net creates spacing violation to itself (same metal) that is a NOTCH VIOLATION. Attached picture will explain it properly.

Other thing is solving notch violation; smart technique will depends on tool, which tool r u using.

notch violations

Hi shelkerahul,
Thank you,your solution so much helpfully,till now I used soc encounter,magma and virtuoso.Please let me know like different types of DRC violations in pictorial form.For this any material or pdf available.If you have any material or pdf upload in this form.Otherwise any web link let me know please..

Thanks in advance.

what is a notch violation

you can fix notch violations by using the following command after fix wire command.

run route refine -type notch $m

Also drc violations and solving those are given in magma user manual. refer to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back