Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fix maximum charging current for USB 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggisha

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

We are designing a product for our company .In which a mother board pcb which requires maximum of 500ma of current and also provide usb charging feature . And for that I have a smps base power supply which is rating of 5 Volt and 2A current .

Now problem is that my smps is something like that it can provide 2A of current but when we connect load (at chagring) that carry large amount of current (like 2A) . It will draw all the current and my mother board pcb will be turn off and if it trying to draw some current smps will go in over load current mode and it will go in shut down mode and restart again.

So i want to fix this problem that in any case any load we connect it will not draw more than 1A current . I am using USB 2.0 port and connected 150 R register between D+ and D- pin .

Please help me to fix current of 1A at usb2.0.

Hi,

what about a polyfuse?

Klaus

- - - Updated - - -

Added:
I am using USB 2.0 port and connected 150 R register between D+ and D- pin .
Is this the proper way to show an USB device not to draw more than 1A/1.5A?
Isn´t this "communicated" with voltage levels on D- and D+?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.