Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fix figure in WinEdit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjamil

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to place figure at particular place, how can i do? I write a question, and then solution in the form of graph, however for dvi file it appears at different place,

Heya mjamil - I'm not exactly sure what you're asking... are you describing a problem when using WinEdt as a LaTeX editor? If you are, then your question is more a general LaTeX problem and perhaps a little off-topic for here...?

[Assuming it is LaTeX you're wrestling with:]
LaTeX goes out of its way to make it difficult to place figures exactly where *you* want them, as part of it's role is in taking care of the typesetting and document format - it's not a WYSIWYG tool.
The tutorial document https://tobi.oetiker.ch/lshort/lshort.pdf will probably help you coerce LaTeX into doing what you want though!

Reactions: mjamil

mjamil

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Heya mjamil - I'm not exactly sure what you're asking... are you describing a problem when using WinEdt as a LaTeX editor? If you are, then your question is more a general LaTeX problem and perhaps a little off-topic for here...?

[Assuming it is LaTeX you're wrestling with:]
LaTeX goes out of its way to make it difficult to place figures exactly where *you* want them, as part of it's role is in taking care of the typesetting and document format - it's not a WYSIWYG tool.
The tutorial document https://tobi.oetiker.ch/lshort/lshort.pdf will probably help you coerce LaTeX into doing what you want though!

"Thanks dear thylacine1975, u perceived my problem well. I do understand your comments
"

Status
Not open for further replies.