Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find the values of Phase-shift Oscillator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir_ali86

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Oscillato

hello, can any one tell me the way to find the values of Phase-shift Oscillator or Wien-bridge Oscillator?
I just want to make it i have read the theory & now i wanna make it whose frequency should be deceided by me. so please help me. Thanks

Oscillato

Look at the thousands of tutorials of those oscillators in Google to find the formula for their frequency.

Re: Oscillato

i did search on google but fail to search what i'm looking for. can you help me?

Google has millions of links to those simple oscillator circuits. I don't know why you didn't see them.
The first links are from Wikipedia and show the schematic and the formula for the frequency:

can you design One for me that would be tutorial for me Please. So, looking that Calculation you'd do i'll make my own. Please me. I'll be very Thankful to you.

Added after 3 minutes:

And moreover, That an OpAmp require a dual Battery & i want to convert dc Voltage of a Single battery.

Oscillato

You learn only by studying the theory and doing the calculations yourself.
You already showed that you do not know how to search in Google.

If you can't design these simple oscillator circuits then maybe you should be a taxi driver instead.

When you learn about opamps then you can see how easy it is to convert a circuit from a dual-polarity supply to a single-polarity supply.

Audioguru said:
If you can't design these simple oscillator circuits then maybe you should be a taxi driver instead.
In the old good days, you could easilly get a job because there was a need for people that could repair electronics. Now days all circuitry is mostly based on IC, so people that know opamp theory is likely to become either teachers or taxidrivers.

well........ you are right that i know nothing, that's i came here to learn something.but if you, my sinors will disappoint me then i would simply leave this Community.:cry:

yasir_ali86 said:
well........ you are right that i know nothing, that's i came here to learn something.but if you, my sinors will disappoint me then i would simply leave this Community.:cry:
Hi. Sorry if you feel that way. But understand this: Learning electronic is a time consuming task, it takes a couple of years or more to really get hang of it.

You also have to understand that newbies that ask to make a whole solution, is tasks that may takes several hours to complete. As a forum member no one of us get paid for this.

It's not because we'ra all bad guys on this forum, but people here have spend several years education. It should pay, shouldn't it?

No Brother. Don't say Sorry! you are my senior And i respect my senior the Most.
ok. now can you help me, understanding Electronics?
I always wanted to be a Good Electronics Engineer.But till Now i don't know any thing about it. So, please help me

yasir_ali86 said:
I always wanted to be a Good Electronics Engineer.But till Now i don't know any thing about it. So, please help me

Please realize that it takes at least 3..4 years of studying electronics at a university to become an engineer. To be a "good" engineer, I suppose it takes another 2 years of practice.
And now, you are trying to "be a good electronics engineer" by entering a forum like this and ask for complete solutions!
Perhaps, now you understand the background of the former responses.
Good luck!

Oscillato

You need to learn electronics properly, not on an online forum.

There are many online tutorials that explain sections of electronics. There are printed and online magazines that have projects and explanations of how they work. There are public libraries where excellent books are kept. There are kits of electronic projects that you can make. There are schools and universities that teach electronics.

Thanks for your response. but there may be some reasons behind this.
ok leave all this and tell me, How & from where to Start Electronics? i'd no more will disturb you And will do what you would suggest me. Thanks again.

Oscillato

Most of us do not know your country.
Two of us mentioned learning electronics at a university but I don't know if the university in your country is any good.

Oscillato

Hi yasir_ali86,
Dont worry, to start is overall; her too!!:)
Generell is surly good to read lot of scripts, forums as Eda too, but you must have practicum too, you must begin II with lectures, to build some things what you need, what makes motivation for you & is practical for you, this give you energy & brings new ideas...

Ppls from Eda are nerved becouse much beginners write only: give me a solution to these & that, (eventuelly misd a "Plese" too) & as sombody write befor me, some answer need a preparation time of hours...
These isnt a problem, if somebody answers you, he calculate (usualy)with a needed time for helping, but the newbies need to makes some/much self study too. Much peoples arent enough active to google, but google is for much 80-90 years old persons isnt a problem and not for yugpeoples:)...
These was the reason of the paar sensitiver answers, & this isnt attace for a person, but all must makes activity if wish to have some progress...
You are welcom, butbe active in interest yourself:)
I belief, some time later you are on the same meaning!
Good luck & progress, ask us, but wait not for 100% finished works:)!
K.

hey! karesz, you touched my heart with your mind blowing Advices & I will always remember what you suggested me Ever.
Now lets talk about Electronics.
I am from Pakistan. Now tell me from How & where to start Electronics. I wanna have Electronics Practice like you people (karesz, Audioguru & many more) have.

Oscillato

I think your world in Pakistan is completely different to my world in Canada, the USA or Britain.
Why not ask on a forum in Pakistan?

yasir_ali86 said:
Now tell me from How & where to start Electronics. ......

Hi yasir,

here is an example how to start by answering the following question:

What is the task of a resistor in electronic circuits? Do you have an answer?

Look at this now I've designed my own Phase Shift oscillator. Not cheated from any site :D.
I'm facing 3 problems with this are
1-Both the peaks (up one & down one) are getting clipped a bit. i don't know why.
2-I set this Oscilltor to Oscillate at 1KHz Freq: but it's not going there. though it is near that. can i get exact frequency.?
3-I used 6vDc input but the output is only 3.8vAc. can i set this circuit that it consume as less voltage as it can.?
When i did Experiment on multisim of the same circuit for 10KHz, this circuit is generating the same voltage(3.8vAc) but 6.516KHz.
The attachment is for 1KHz circuit.

Thanks

Oscillato

Hi yasir,
:)
Try some experimenting with values of shifting elements...
Change the 42 nFs to 39 /47 nF (42nF is in allcase not a standard value:)), than the 2k2s to 2.0 or 2.1 & 2.4...Im relative shure, that you can find a situtaion where the frequency relative exact at 1 KHz is:)...
Cliping_& learning: change the feedback resistor (gain setting) after them your F=1KHz is right for you;
Check if it has a freq. changing too?
After all you can varying the supply voltages (maybe simmetrical only) & check what is others? To end apply some load elements, what is the changing of your generated signal, eventuelly these all with temperature extrems too: thes is a good way/methode to learning on the job:)!...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back