Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Find Resistor Value From Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmrps

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Temp.jpg
Hi Friends I want to know the value of Resistor Rx I know the value of V1 and rest of resistor values can anyone tell me the equation to find Rx resistor value thanks in advance

rmrps - imagine you have only one voltage source and one single resistor connected to this source. Can you tell me the value of this resistor?
Do you know what I mean?

rmrps - imagine you have only one voltage source and one single resistor connected to this source. Can you tell me the value of this resistor?
Do you know what I mean?

If Resistor Rx=100 Ohm the voltage v1=1.083v

Let the voltage across Rx = Vx and battery current , I.
Then V1 = (4k7/4k7+2k) X Vx, re arranging gives Vx = V1/(4k7/6k7).
So 3.3 V = (100 X I) +VX, { 100 X I = volt drop across 100R ), rearranging, (3.3 - Vx) = 100 X I, so I = (3.3-Vx)/100.
So I is the current from the battery, some flows through the 1K (Vx/1K), some flows through the output resistors (Vx /6.7K),
The balance through Rx, So Rx must equal Vx/ this current.
Frank

View attachment 115002
Hi Friends I want to know the value of Resistor Rx I know the value of V1 and rest of resistor values can anyone tell me the equation to find Rx resistor value thanks in advance

here is the solution to your querry, hope you understand it. :)

Reactions: rmrps

rmrps

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can write Thevenin or Norton equivalent from Rx and then it's so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back