Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find poles in a open loop gain 100db with phase margin 55 and bandwidth 10Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwanmajun

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, recently i got a interview question about the poles"

we have a open loop gain 100db, with phase margin 55, bandwidth 10MHz, then where are the two poles?"

Please give me the details answers, thanks, waiting for your answers. thanks~

How to find poles?

Hello,

100 dB = gain of 100k. So first -3 dB point is around 10M/100k = 100 Hz. I asume that the 10 MHz bandwidth is based on the slope of the first pole.

So around 1kHz to 1 MHz you have a 90 degrees phase shift.

55 degrees phase margin (at unity gain I guess) means that the second pole introduces a phase shift of 180-90-55 = 35 degrees at 10 MHz.

As the last pole does less then 45 degrees, it is above 10 MHz. I did a fast phasor diagram calculation, the second pole must be around 14 MHz.

The gain/phase versus frequency plot in the datasheet should show you the -20dB/dec slope, and the further decreasing slope above 10 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back