Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find out the Vth or the operating region of a transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have attached a file which explains how to find out the region of operation of a transistor in the older version of Cadence. I am currently using IC5141 version, but using the same procedure doesn't seem to work. Does anyone knows?

View attachment ECE418SaturationGuide.pdf

Hai
I would rather recommend you to look at relations between Vgs and Vds to determine the region then rely on what Cadence tell you:)

I have attached a file which explains how to find out the region of operation of a transistor in the older version of Cadence. I am currently using IC5141 version, but using the same procedure doesn't seem to work. Does anyone knows?
View attachment 54923

At least it works well with a DC analysis, including backAnnotation into schematic.

Hi Deepon,

Use menu Resuts, --> Print DC operation points.
Or, Results --> Annotated DC operation points. But in this case, you need to include the parameter "region" to be annotated too. (Menu edit component Display).
Regards,

Reactions: Deepon

Deepon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

The best way to get exact Vth value is finding it in model with "VTH0" key word.

Vth0 is not the exact Vth because it does not include any second order effects, the exact value depends on the operating conditions and has to be checked with OP analysis. Using schematic annotation would be the practical way to do it - see palmeiras post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back