Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find out the insertion loss of a stub tuner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanth_cvs

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I started to use the stub tuner (3 step) to find out whether my PA match is optimal one or not, and found that the o/p power is 4dB lower than that of without tuner present at PA o/p at different stub lengths. Just wanted to know whether the insertion loss of tuner is this high? I doubt this is the case, if so how to find out the insertion loss of the tuner? I am doubting this would have got damaged while shipping as I find the silver coating on the body of tuner is discontinuous at few places.

Re: Using a stub tuner

If the source and load impedances are not the same there will be a Missmatch Loss present in the system.

ML[dB] = -10*LOG(1-Γ²)

Even using an ideal tuner with no insertion loss, a loss will be present due to different source and load impedances, loss which tuner tries to minimize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back