Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find out the efficiency factor for a OFDM system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmakerbull

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Effeciency of OFDM

Can anyone tell me how to find out the efficiency factor for a OFDM system. I read somewhere that the efficiency of OFDM varies with different systems. Pls throw light on this matter

Thanks

Re: Effeciency of OFDM

Since OFDM is a multicarrier system. The efficiency depends on how the signal is modulated for each subcarrier and also the signal bandwidth. That's why efficiency of OFDM varies with different system. For example, the spectral efficiency for 802.11a system is ~0.3-2.7. But for DVB-T, the spectral efficiency can be up to 4

Re: Effeciency of OFDM

Hi

The efficiency of OFDM depends on the under layer modulation
you can use any Digital modulation as an under layer modulation BPSK QPSK 16 QPSK QAM
and that's why the efficiency varies.
also you should take care of the GP it could vary which affects also the spectral effiniency
That's all

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back