Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find a job after graduating in VLSI design?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickyma

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help! Help! SOS!

With a master degree in VLSI design, I can not find a job in a year after I graduated. I do not have any employment experience. During the graduate study, I completed three project design including ASIC and FPGA design from HDL coding to physical verification in DSP, and one is the thesis project. I had six interviews about ASIC/FPGA designer or Physical design engineer, but the manager just did not hire me even they could not find the qualified candidate. It drives me crazy. :cry: Are their requirements too critical or I am totally not qualified? How can I improve my skills? Please give me some advice. I have to pay the student loan.

Re: Help! Help! SOS!

Where are you currently?
Which country??
If in US then which state??

I am having exactly the same problem. I am gonna be graduated in Dec. 2011 and couldn't find any internship or full-time job. I am really interested in my field 'Digital VLSI Design' and I don't wanna go in software or communication field. Although I am in the middle of silicon valley, california and I have faced four interviews from intel for different positions, but haven't been hired yet. It's really a frustrating kind of situation, but still I'm optimistic and keep studying and trying for the job. It'll be a great help if anybody can give me a guidance.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.