Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find a component in DX designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolisa5791

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

How to find the component with their reference designator in DX designer.

Regards,
Monolisa

There are a couple ways to easily do this.

1. Select "PCB" on your left side command toolbar. (this should be installed by default)
2. on top pulldown you have several selections> nets, components, rules, from to, split plane, etc..
3. select components
4. Window below you can either select your document name or "All components"
5. on window below this you will see all components with ref des.

Or:

type EJC anywhere on pcb doc. at pop type ref des you want to find.
done...

Eda
[/img]

Hi,

I am very new to DX designer, could you explain in detail procedure then it would be better.I couldn't able to find PCB on left side command line editor as you mentioned.

go to View-other windows-project Navigator contents and then you will get window on bottom side to select the component.

Yes I can get that window with REFDES,Symbol,UID,Label but I couldn't able to see any of the parts reference designator.Just a blank messages only appear.If any thing to install or configure any file to enable those commands.Please see the attached .bmp file and advise me.

right click on the "project navigator properties" window
click "properties"
select "Contents" Tab
check "Show filter toolbar"
press apply & OK

this filter will help you to search & find the required components by "value,ref des, package...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back