Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Fill Up volume in CST MWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsw17

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

Does Anyone know how to fill up a generic volume with a certain material using CST Microwave Studio Software?

Thank you...it's time that I am trying without success....

Hello Isw17,

There are more than one way to do this. It depends what you want to fill. The best is intrude option. juz select inner walls of volume and extrude it with the material and thickness required.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Praful

Hi Praful,

Thanks for your reply. what I wanted to do was to fill up a radome which is very similar to an 'egg'. i tried to extrude but this option allows you only to extrude planar surface not elliptical. What I have done is as follow:

I have defined a sphere (made up of the material I wanted inside the radome) around the 'egg-shaped' radome (so that the radome is INSIDE the sphere),

I have inserted (whit boolean operation) the radome in the sphere

I have separated the shape (object->separate shape)

I have deleted the external shape so that the internal part of the egg-shaped radome has been fullfilled

Thank you for your answer!

Ciao,

Luca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back