Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to feed two arm archimedean spiral antenna for uwb application

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdi1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all, i have designed two arm archimedean spiral antenna, but i have faced feeding problems, i have three feeding techniques: by using microstrip to parallel strip balun, coaxial calbe and discrete port. when i use the balun s11 is very poor, some they told me the balun is not connected to the arms of the antenna. for the coaxial cable s11 is good below -14dB for the entire frequency 3.1-10.6, but there is radiation and axial problems. and for the discrete port i simply connected to two arm of the antenna but i obtained very poor s11. therefore, i really need if any one can help me and guide me how can i feed this type of antenna. please any one who knows how to feed this antenna please help me
regard
abdi

abdi1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all, i have solved the simulation problem by feeding the antenna by DISCRETE PORT, I got acceptable simulation results except for the axial ratio, please can any one, explain to me how to improve the axial ratio. thanks
regards
abdi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor