Not open for further replies.

ether2802

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Power input source for inverter

Ok so I want to use a backlight panel from a laptop (as the LCD is broken) as a light source for night photography, after reading and searching on how much voltage do I need to power up the backlight, I found that I need the inverter, so pulled out the inverter from the laptop also, but now I can't find how to power up this inverter and how much voltage would I need, can someone help me...?? BTW I'm hoping it to be super portable, so if I can use a 9V battery that would be awesome...!! (hopefully that 32V 2A is not the input requirement)

here are some pics

32V/2A seems to be the fuse rating, a notebook inverter will usually work with the primary battery voltage. But there are additional control signals that have to be supplied to the connector (on-off and intensity control).

Ok so there is no chance I can "simply" power up this inverter, still, keeping it portable...?? is there a diagram I can follow to see how many stuff do I need to power this inverter...??

My first question is, what brand model laptop is it? They all use different inverters for their backlights. It looks like a six terminal connector, one of which is probably 12VDC, this is to power the inverter circuit, another is an on/off, this requires a voltage, most of the time 3.3VDC or 5VDC to turn the inverter on. Usually one terminal is floating (not connected). The other two probably control dimming.

I am not familiar with that inverter and I can't find any documentation on it. You can find the inverter power terminal easily, use a multimeter and test continuity to find the terminal that connects directly to the 2A fuse. This is your +12VDC power, possibly pin 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…