Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to feed a coax cable in hfss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am a biginer on hfss, after going throu the tutorials I still don't know how to feed a coaxial cable? And would be good some info on how to model a coaxial cable. I made it from cilinders: outer screen was made from two cilinders substracted one from other, inner conductor from cilinder and everything is filled with teflon.

you can select the cross section of the outer cylinder and define it as a waveport.
hfsss will solve the eigenmode on this 2D waveport and excite your coaxial cable with the solved mode.

Could any one uploud a sample of that. Then it will be clear to me.

Hi Mantas,

you might like to view this:
**broken link removed**

Cheers,
Element7k

Mantas said:
Could any one uploud a sample of that. Then it will be clear to me.

Ok I have some ideas now, but still hard to apply in reality. I am adding the project that I am trying to do. Can somebody modify it and put back here with corect feed. And is my project created good, acording to all rules?

hi
How Can I open the .hfss file? I am using HFSS v.8
thx

I can't convert this project to 8, lower version. Or can I? I am using 9.1v

You can't open v9 with v8. They changed the type of code between the two versions...

Mantas said:
Ok I have some ideas now, but still hard to apply in reality. I am adding the project that I am trying to do. Can somebody modify it and put back here with corect feed. And is my project created good, acording to all rules?

In fact, I didn't really understand what you are trying to do... Explain it better! However, here is an exemple of coaxial, I hope it will help you...

Reactions: Hero01

Hero01

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi aub,

could it be that he is trying to simulate a Coaxial Collinear arrary. If that is the case, I'll flatten out one of the ends and place a waveport at the termination and add a radiation boundary.

Cheers,
Element7k

aub said:
Mantas said:

In fact, I didn't really understand what you are trying to do... Explain it better! However, here is an exemple of coaxial, I hope it will help you...

I am trying to create omni antenna like this it the picture
**broken link removed**
So any ideas?

Hi, again
I worked on it and I think I did it, but I don't know is it correct. Can somebody check it? Tell me your opinion about it and what mistakes I did.

Hi Mantas,

looks ok to me. I'll change freq step to a coarser one to reduce simulation time. :) Also put sphere to observe if rad pattern is omni-dir.

Cheers,
Element7k

Mantas said:
Hi, again
I worked on it and I think I did it, but I don't know is it correct. Can somebody check it? Tell me your opinion about it and what mistakes I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.