Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to extract netlist from the layout in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sepideh92

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I am an university student currently learning Cadence tools. I use DIVA to extract netlist from the layout.
Technology: TSMC18RF (0.18um)
I want to extract netlist from the layout in order to create schematic view. I need DivaEXT.rul in accordance with my technology. but I can't find it.
please help me?

then is there any other way to extract netlist from the layout??

then is there any other way to extract netlist from the layout??
Again write Diva Rule file by yourself, if you would like to use Diva.

Rule files for Cadence Assura and Synopsys StarRCX are provided for TSMC18.
So use Assura or StartRCX, if you don't have skill to write Dive rule file.

AFAIR the DIVA syntax is rather similar to the ASSURA's, apart from ASSURA's additional combinatorial capabilities. So if you insist to use DIVA, you could probably try and use the ASSURA rules' file, omitting the DRC rules unnecessary for netlist extraction.

Rule files for Cadence Assura and Synopsys StarRCX are provided for TSMC18.
Synopsys StarRCX are not provided.

Rule file of Mentor Calibre RCx is provided.

So if you insist to use DIVA, you could probably try and use the ASSURA rules' file, omitting the DRC rules unnecessary for netlist extraction.
Moving from DIVA to Assura is relative easy, since Cadence provide some utilities.

However back to DIVA from Assura is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back