Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to express charge density in MoM method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I trying to write a numerical code based in the MoM. I have problem with
charge discritization. How can express the charge density when use palse basis
function for the current densities? any idea?

MoM method

Hi
I think your current density should have a triangular
function form.But I can not assure it.You must describe the whole problem for me.If you want,
you can contact me through my email:
a.ronagh@gmail.com

Re: MoM method

hi,

you are trying to model the current using pulse basis functions. This should give you a problem, that at the connection between the elements there is a step discontinuity in the current, which is modeled by line charge (in 2d) or point charge in 1d.

so what do you mean by being incapable of expressing the charge density (it would be a delta function) since div(J) = -i*w*p, where p is the charge density. You have a discontinuity in J, this would give a delta in p.

You may better use rooftop basis functions, as a_ronagh said. You won't have the problem of the current discontinuity.

Hope this will help
Best Regards,
Adel

Re: MoM method

Hi
Here are the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back