Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export field data in HFSS 9.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_soulreaver

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone knows how to export field data on HFSS 9.0. I create the grid with Matlab, but it does not works. Thank You

Re: HFSS export

I have similar problems when using HFSS field calculator. Can the calculated numerical datas be exported in simple text format ?! The "Export" function in Field Calculator accepts the grid file format only ?! If I just want to export the calculated numerical datas only, how can I do ?! Thanks !!!!

A simple way for you to export your numerical datas is to create a report from results (right-click):

# First, you save the scalar expression you need in the "named expression" table, in the calculator.

# then you create a data table in the "create report" section, with asking for the specific expressions you need. You can also export it as you want.

I managed to export numericals datas from the calculator, but the results were "strange". However, maybe someone has a better technique?

A simple way for you to export your numerical datas is to create a report from results (right-click):

# First, you save the scalar expression you need in the "named expression" table, in the calculator.

# then you create a data table in the "create report" section, with asking for the specific expressions you need. You can also export it as you want.

I managed to export numericals datas from the calculator, but the results were "strange". However, maybe someone has a better technique?

Reactions: sushia

sushia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ANY BODY HAS ANSOFT TRAINING MATERIALS

If you are using HFSS v9, go to "Analysis", Right click the "Setup" with the data you want to export, choose "Matrix Data". A dialogue will appear. It gives a number of parameters that you can export. Select the ones you are interested in. Make sure "All Freqs" is checked to display all the matrix data. Click "Export". This gives you various options tfor the data format that you can export-including .sNp, tabulated format etc etc. Enter the filename and you are done!

I hope that is useful.

Emmanuel

I have problem with field data export, NOT s-parameter export. In the file I find (x,y,z) no solution.... I want to export the electric field in the volume. Sorry for my english

Hey aub did you try plotting the numerical data extracted from the field calculator? It looks completely different when plotted in Matlab vs. the HFSS visualizer!!!

Strange, no?

/Dan

You will need to generate a 2d plot. Right on the plot and you'll have the option of exporting the file. I have not seen the same options for the full 3d data file.

Would one please define more exactly how to export 2D field data. I cannot find
"Right on the plot and you'll have the option of exporting the file"

I am using HFSS 10.

Thanks in advance

m_kozlov said:
Would one please define more exactly how to export 2D field data. I cannot find
"Right on the plot and you'll have the option of exporting the file"
Put mouse cursor to a 2D plot area and click right button. You will see menu, use "Export to file" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back