Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to export antenna design from hfss to altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniakhan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am trying to export my antenna design from hfss to altium by converting it into dxf file but when i opened it into altium got error msg i asked someone for doing this and he chnged it into gerber file but when i import that file my design was fully changed i have attached both figures in hfss and altium, it is so comlicated design that i can't redraw it now i have to send it for fabrication what to do for pcb design??plz help me for this

Attachments

• pic antenn.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 71

PCB vendor should open the gerber file.

PCB vendor should open the gerber file.

hi , tonny,
thanks for reply, i have tried to open my gerber file into altium but problem is it only have antenna and substrate is missing , also i have to send balun design for fabrication too but when i export it into gerber file there is nothing in that file, when i opened it using ADS it was only black screen and not balun design. how to transfer exponential balun designed into hfss to psb design??

Last edited:

try to use polygon as if you are doing copper plane and then export as gerber
thanks,
keyur

thanks keyur i will try to modfy my design with polygon
try to use polygon as if you are doing copper plane and then export as gerber
thanks,
keyur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com