[SOLVED] How to export and view waveform after UVM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slutarius

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have just tried to run some example of UVM on ModelSim.
They could run successfully.

Now, I want to export some waveforms and open them on ModelSim.
But I dont see any waveform file outputted. What I should do ?

running scripts is like below:
--------------
vlib work

vlog ./uvm-1.2/src/uvm.sv +incdir+./uvm-1.2/src
vlog ./ex1/testbench.sv +incdir+./uvm-1.2/src

vsim work.top -uvmcontrol=all
run -all
--------------

You didn't add any add wave commands so there won't be a waveform window created.

UVM is a methodology for creating fancy testbenchs, it has nothing to do with waveforms or lack thereof.

You didn't add any add wave commands so there won't be a waveform window created.
I can see vsim.wlf outputted in normal simulation. I wonder there is a command needed in UVM.

- - - Updated - - -

UVM is a methodology for creating fancy testbenchs, it has nothing to do with waveforms or lack thereof.
I believe engineer need to check waveform to make sure the UVM work correctly or not.
But anyway, are you sure that we can not create waveform in UVM run ?

Waveform viewing of a design in independent of the testbench used to simulate the design. If you want to view the class-based UVM data, you need to look at the User Manual sections on SystemVerilog Class Debugging and UVM-aware debugging. You might need Questa to do this.

I could make wlf out adding the "add wave" after vsim. The reason is that Modelsim can not save a wlf file if you don't add a signal to waveform pane. There is another way using wlfdumpvars(), but have not tried. Thanks guys.

that is not what I said. see reply from dave_59.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…