Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to excite on-chip waveguides

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmax

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on a class report looking at the feasibility of conductor backed CBCPW and thin film microstrips for an on chip application. I have designed the waveguides based on the resources obtained from this forum and have all the building blocks in place. I have also worked on a process flow to integrate the waveguides.

The only question I am stumped at is how to we excite these waveguides in real life. Please keep in mind that this is a on chip application and we are not dealing with coax/SMA type connectors. The waveguide gets a signal from the output of a RF circuit and carries it to the input of another RF circuit. How does the interface between the waveguide and the input output circuit work for CBCPW and microstrips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back