Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to excite coaxial cable with signal generator 50 Ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sina

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cable

hi
I want to excite coaxial cable with signal genarator 50 ohm.How I must match it.
thank you

Re: cable

Please, Explain your question better .

I want to connect signal generator to coaxial cable.This signal generator has output impedance 50 ohm and it is not matc with coaxial(75 ohm).I want a ciruit to match them.

My frequency is about 10Mhz and I have wave return in this frequency and lenght of my cable is about 6 meter.

Hi,

You can match your 50 ohm generator to the 75 ohm cable with a so called "minimum loss pad" (MLP), check the topic:

regards, Al

Re: 75 ohm cable match

You can use a 50 ohm to 75 ohm transformer (impedance ratio of 1.5):

**broken link removed**

See also these notes:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

cable

Technically speaking it's possible.
Economically speaking it isn't convenient.
This beacase both the solutions proposed, especially the minimum loss pad are lossy and expensive solutions.
The 75 Ohm cable has lower loss (with same outside diameter) than 50 ohm cable, but with 2 minimum loss pad or 2 transformer you lose more that the gain!
Also consider that for a good match you need coaxial connectors.
Each pad or transformer need a couple of connectors (1 50 Ohm, the other 75 Ohm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back