Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to establish communication between Microcontroller & PC using Bluetooth BT0417C

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirmala h

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to establish communication between Microcontroller & PC using Bluetooth BT0417C

Hi all,

Am using BT0417C Bluetooth, LPC2129 Microcontroller, but not able to establish the communication with the PC.

The AT commands are
AT //Testing the connection using Attention command
AT+BAUD8 //Changing the default baud rate
AT+NAMEblue //Changing default name
AT+PIN1234 //Changing default password

after this am sending "Hello" serially, but not able to receive on hyper-terminal(Transmission is happening).

So how to receive it on hyper-terminal, kindly help on this...

Re: How to establish communication between Microcontroller & PC using Bluetooth BT041

Have you established connection with the bluetooth device from the PC ? Assuming you are using windows, in device manager, are you able to identify the correct com port of the bluetooth device ?

Re: How to establish communication between Microcontroller & PC using Bluetooth BT041

Have you established connection with the bluetooth device from the PC ? Assuming you are using windows, in device manager, are you able to identify the correct com port of the bluetooth device ?

Hi sunish,

Yes, am able to identify the COM port of the bluetooth device.
Is it possible to send data serially from the microcontroller through the bluetooth using serial communication(Tx&Rx) & receive it on the hyperterminal of the PC.

Yes, it is possible. You have to configure the COM port of the Hyperterminal based on the virtual COM port set from the Bluetooth.

Yes, it is possible. You have to configure the COM port of the Hyperterminal based on the virtual COM port set from the Bluetooth.
Have you worked on BT0417C?

I have done it but with a different model device. But essentially it should all work the same way. Just try connecting the Tx and RX of the bluetooth device in loopback mode connect to the com port with hyperterminal or similar terminal software. You should see the characters echo back when you type in. If you are able to do it, you have the device connected and configured properly.

Have you worked on BT0417C?

No, but I agree with sunish that it should all work the same even it is different brand/model.

hello,

I just started to work with a mikroelektronika Bluetooth_click module
and get Mikroc sample test..
I have a PIC18F46K22 connected trough RC7 Rx and RC6 Tx connected respectlively to Tx pin and Rx pin of bluetooh device.
The other part is an Archos43it :
i am using RFOBasic and F35_bluetooth.bas to establish the communication
at first i associociate Blutooth_Click device with code 1234 => associed OK
and i run the basic programme..
it's works fine .. except i had to change terminal carractere 0Dh (CR) by mine "#" to detecte end of line
in the C programme.

So i can receive the message written on archos on my LCD connected to my PIC...
But now, i want to dialogue in the reverse way..
from PIC to Archos
So i think , i must configure The BlutoothClick in MASTER mode ?

Do you have somme experience to test a bluetooth interface only by using RS232 terminal
and AT commands ?
because i think it could be the better way to debug communication ( in transparent RS232 mode).

Don't use code tags for your attached images, they can't be viewed properly this way [alexan_e]

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back