Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to erase/write/program the EEPROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinytseng

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing a mmu design in a soc chip while the mmu manage the reading from/writing to Rom or Ram or EEprom

for i know little about the work scheme on EEprom,i want to learn about how to erase/write/program the EEprom.

are these work done by software? If so,what need my mmu do while doing these work?

help me,please

Re: mmu design help

Reading from eeprom is straight forward. However, the erase & program will take quite a long time and post serious performance impact on your chip if your CPU has to wait until the erase/program finishes.

My suggestion is to do simple read, but add data buffer for eeprom programming and status registers(or interrupts) such that the programmer can know when the erase/program finishes while he can do some other things (e.g. servicing interrupts, taking inputs..etc... as long as the code not trying to read eeprom region.

BTW, you can implement a state machine for EEPROM read & programming.

Re: mmu design help

a good way of doing this is to use state machine in a scheduler based kernel to avoid MCU being occupied by the write process. this allows the MCU to service other routine.
Assign status to EEPROM write process is a good way to probe the write process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back