Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to enlarge the SlewRate of a amp as possible as we can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZengLei

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build a Power amp with discrete element myself,but i've ideas about how to make the slew rate of the amp as bigger as i could ?

Re: How to enlarge the SlewRate of a amp as possible as we c

First of all you should choose the right IC. There are much better opamps than 741 compared by slew rates.

One other factor is the gain of your amplifier. Any gain greater than unity will drop down your slew rate. The much gain you have, the less slew rate your amplifier will work with.

And, you should make the stray capacitances and inductances in your circuit as low as possible. Draw thin, straight and short paths in your PCB.

I hope this helped.

hkBattousai said:
One other factor is the gain of your amplifier. Any gain greater than unity will drop down your slew rate. The much gain you have, the less slew rate your amplifier will work with..

Unfortunately, this is not true. The gain has practically no influence on the slew rate as this is a property of the opamp - mostly determined by the internal compensation capacitance. If you are going to rely on commercial opamps IC´s you should select an opamp type with a slew rate according to your requirements.
(An electronic circuit should be only as good as necessary and not as good as possible !)

Maybe as a choice; if you don't have any restrictions, you can try to bias your circuit for a higher DC current so you can charge/discharge your capacitances faster.

the main idea is to increase the output current and current boosting at the output would help but at the cost of delay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back