Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to enhance the bandwidth of PIFA antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW Enhancement

Hello,

Usually the height of the PIFA determines its matching efficiency.
However, since PIFA is commonly used as a low profile antenna, it is not desired to increase its height for BW enhancement.
Other common techniques are perturnations in the radiating plate or different taperings.
Can you elaborate on your PIFA? May be there is a more suitable solution.

Rgdz,
P.

hi,
First thanx for ur reply.

I think we can increase bandwidth by applying additional slots over the structure.

But my question is at what point and what width will be the slot can be?

balaguru thavamani said:
hi,
First thanx for ur reply.

I think we can increase bandwidth by applying additional slots over the structure.

But my question is at what point and what width will be the slot can be?

u can insert an additional slot at a place where the distribution is high it will increase the bandwidh but VSWR will be little less.

What are the effects of Slot shapes in radiator?
for eg Uslot etc.....

BW Enhancement

The resonance of the slot will occure at slot length=lambda/4or2. u can first design the simple PIFA and then adjust the lenght near to ur required resonance frequency.
I hope in turn it will enhance the BW due to the combined affect.

Hi guys,

What is the use of shorting post in PIFA ?
Can anyone give some details about image theory behind shorting post?

BW Enhancement

add parasitic component

Increase the operating frequency. Actual bandwidth will increase too.

BW Enhancement

Bandwidth enhancement is usually required at low frequency because lower the frequency more narrow the bandwidth.
Therefore bandwidth enhancement required for low frequency design e.g. slot, combining two near resonant frequency etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back