Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to encrypt/decrypt BMP and JPEG image files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2020

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
decrypting a bmp image

hi all,

my project is on how to encrypt/decrypt BMP and JPEG image files.i have some idea about this.

One simple way to encrypt a string of character data or binary data is to form a "random" string of bits as long as the original "message," and "exclusive or" (XOR) this random string of bits with the original message to give an "encrypted message." If the receiver of the message knows how to form the same "random" string of bits, a second "exclusive or" of the random string of bits with the encrypted message will decrypt the message.

if anyone has more suggestions,pls help me.reply me as early as possible.i want to know about the encryption algorithms best suitable for this project.

regards
john

decrypting bitmap steganography

hi

SO u r speaking about a method call steganography... hope i spelt it correctly.. there are some standard methods to do it..the best tool to realise it quickly is MATLAB and pls do google for some papers and tutorials in this regard

_helios

decrypt bmp

there is a nice website in which there are some good materials... checkout that...

https://www.jjtc.com/Steganography/

i read something about this from the article mentioned as : "Steganography: Seeing the Unseen by Neil F. Johnson and Sushil Jajodia. IEEE Computer, February 1998: 26-34"

you can find this from the same link pasted above. & also checkout the page carefully you can find many things from there...

cheers...

hi sinu

the link you gave was really good and informative.i want to hide some text/data in an image using encryption for BMP file.if you have some ideas,do share here.

thanks
john

Hello
Is your project on coding and decoding or only in Encrypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back