Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to enable/configure RMON for Remote Monitoring Application of embedded Ethernet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul_sanghavi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I develop Embedded Ethernet on PIC Controller.

Now i face problem that my SNMP Agent cannot configure with HP Openview.

I read RFC , they say that for Remote Monitoring enable RMON.

But I don't know "How to enable or configure RMON for Remote Monitoring Application of embedded Ethernet".

Thanks

Regards
Rahul Sanghavi

Regards
Rahul Sanghavi

Re: RMON configure

l wonder nobody doesn't know this?!!!!!

Regards
Rahul Sanghavi :!:

RMON configure

I am also doing SNMP Agent, but I have never used HP openview, I think maybe you can post it to the "digital communication" forum, maybe the telecom engineer will give you suggestion.

BTW: do you have any plan to migrate your snmp agent to version 2?

RMON configure

Hi,

I was told that the agent must implement the system OID, then the 3rd party software can identify it. please check if the system OID is been implemented.

good luck!

regards,

cdcll

Thanks cdcll for reply ,

I already implemented System OID, Interface OID but still my device not detected in Concard or HP Open view Server.

Once , again thanks for ur reply,

Regards
Rahul Sanghavi :)

RMON configure

do you use OpenView NNM?

maybe you can try sniffer or ethereel to capture the SNMP packect, and then you can analyze the problem.

regards,

Yes I use Concord NMS & I capture what is communication between NMS & Agent.

Initailly NMS queary for System MIB , Interface MIB upto this all queary response properly by agent but after that NMS queary for RMON & Agent fail to give the response & my agent cannot detect in Concord.

Regards
Rahul Sanghavi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back