Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to embed flash and/or EEPROM on the same die with a μC ASIC (process specs?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_P

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I want to integrate an eeprom on the same die with a microcontroller and have the following problems:

(1) What processes/technologies allow to integrate eeprom (or flash) with CMOS designs on the same die? What specifications should I be looking for in the technologies I am investigating (e.g. TCSC 0.18, or UMC 0.13) to know they are suitable?
(2) If the above is not possible, does that mean I have to get an IP-licence for an eeprom cell provided by the foundry?
(3) Does the Cadence tool flow support such an integration, or do you know of another tool-flow suitable for the job?
(4) If there are processes as described in (1), do you have any info on the additional cost (in comparison to implementing just CMOS)?

I'd be grateful for an answer to any of the points above.

Regards,
George

ps. I already checked the https://www.edaboard.com/threads/8669/ thread which has useful info, but is a decade old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back