Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to duplicate PCB layout on EAGLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saesaria

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
is there any possibilities to cut and paste the components on board with the same layout?
if I cut and paste the components in schematic and return to board, the pasted components has messed up. I want the pasted components has the same layout.

here is the schematic I made
sch1.png

and here is the board layout
brd1.png

I copied the whole components on the schematic
sch2.png

Then the result, the pasted components is messed up.
brd2.png

I want the pasted components has the same layout, any possibilities to do that?
(It is no problem if I should re-route the pasted components, all I want is the same layout of the pasted components)
thanks.

It depends on exactly what you are trying to achieve. There is a ULP called 'panelize' I think, which may do what you want. Another option is to close the schematic and copy the PCB - be aware that the PCB and schematic will now not match. To copy just the tracking you can turn off all other layers - it will only copy what is visible.

Keith

Hi Keith!
Thanks for the reply, I tried the second options as your advice and it works (yes, the schematic and board are now is not consistent). Thanks for this advice.
but I still don't get it what should I do for the first options as you told
There is a ULP called 'panelize' I think, which may do what you want

can you show me the steps to do it?
sorry for this dumb question, I've no idea how to do it as I am a newbie on EAGLE

I have never really used it but from the PCB click "run ULP" and select the panelize.ulp. It copies your component IDs to layers 125 & 126. Then, when you copy the layout you should use layers 125 and 126 for the component IDs rather than 25 and 26 (25 & 26 get renumbered in the copy operation). If you open the ULP in a text editor or with the Eagle Control panel there is some information at the top about what it does.

Keith

my way is simple:

1. do not open sch!!!
2. do the copy of original brd
3. select what you want copy,copy and paste, paste, paste

"your way" is actually what I mentioned earlier. It screws up the component numbering, hence the reason for the panelize ULP.

Keith.

my way is simple:

1. do not open sch!!!

thank you for your reply, I've tried it :)

Hey, Keith!
It works!!
No More consistent issue.
Thank you for your help.
:)

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

my way is simple:

1. do not open sch!!!

thank you for your reply, I've tried it :)

Hey, Keith!
It works!!
No More consistent issue.
Thank you for your help.
:)

Just remember, when you make the Gerbers for manufacture you need to use the correct layers for the component ID - you will need to edit the CAM processor file.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back