Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to duplicate a print with copper poured area in PCAD2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[HELP] P*cad2002

I have try to duplicate a routed print for productions and when I use copy paste , the copper poured was disconnected from ground pad probably because there is no netlist on the copyed print

Any one can help - how to duplicate a print with copper poured area ?

Thanks

bobi

Re: [HELP] P*cad2002

hai

you have to set properties of copper pour every time copy or create it.
so lookathte original copper pour properties and give it to the new one.
(net name ,back off, etc)

Yes true, but how to copy netlist ?

bobi

you have to copy the portion in schematics also and make sure ref des and pin numbers are same. run compare net list and remove errors.

rishab

All I want is to marge few small board into a single one

The problem is with the copper poure when I copy the board the copper poure loose connection to the components it use to be connected on the original board

best

bobi

Hi Bobcat,

you have simply to use the copy funtion as usual,but paste with the paste circuit option,paying attention to specify if you want the refdes incremented with prefix or not(r1-->r101-->201), and which net names will follows the same rule:(gnd-->gnd1)
Copper pours will follows the net names above rule, so if you want to keep "GND" common net for all cloned circuit, only select "GND" net as "global net" .
hope help

zurben

Hi zurben

Can you please show me how to use the "peast circuit option" since I'm new to PCAD

thanks

bobi

hi Bobcat:
see the attached figures

fig1: draw the circuit.
fig2:select the circuit you have to clone and copy it (ctrl+c).
fig3:paste with the paste circuit option.
fig4:specify if you want the refdes normally incremented (r1,r2-->r2,3) or by prefix (r1,r2-->r101,102)
specify if you want the cloned circuit copper pour net the same of the original one (as I shown)
fig5:done! what you see after 4 paste.
pay care at the ratsnet, that indicates that the 4 copper pour share the same net name.
copper pour overlap is allowed, so you can paste new circuit over the

hope help
zurben

Thank u very much:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back