Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to drive Laptop LCD with MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I would like to use my old laptop's LCD with a MCU.Is there any source about this idea?

Thanks in advance.

Analyzer

Hello!
Have special chips for realize these functions with I2C interface, many laptop's LCD are TFT (Think film transistor), where the proper mode of operation and interface like VGA and others.
In moment, i design a project with convert the pattern VGA signal of the output card video computer and show in TFT colour LCD. For this function I used the Averlogic chips like AL300 and AL875; I contact the Averlogic company and received the applications notes and schematics of the development kits. See more details in Averlogic website.
gorkin

Hi Bobcat .. Thta project is very interesting ... But unfortunatly i was not able to download the PLD files ..Do yu have it??

Hi eltonjohn

Here are the files for the project

enjoy

bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back