Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to drive an linear actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariuszoll

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have to drive a linear actuator on my project wit a PIC18F2620.
I have never worked with motors.
Could you give me please some pieces of advise how to control it?

Thank you.

It depends on the actuator. Is it a screw drive? Stepper motor? DC Motor? 12 Volts? 400000000 Volts? Electro-pneumatically contolled?

This is still a pretty vague question. Is there some kind of feedback? An optical encoder? A potentiometer? Limit switches? Why don't you tell us SOMETHING about your linear actuator instead of expecting us to read your mind?

I quit. You give us NO INFORMATION!!!! How much does your gate weigh? How fast do you need to open it? How are you mechanically connecting it to your gate? Are you opening the gate vertically or horizontally? Are you using feedback?

Your question is: "is it ok?" The answer is: "It's absolutely perfect."

I have no information about the gate weight at this moment. The gate is intended to open horizontally. From the information that I have the actuator will be connected with screws to the gate, and the control ECU will be put on one of the gate's pillar. It will be a RF system on 433Mhz.
Transmitter has 2 buttons, for open and close.
Receiver is the control ECU of the gate. The request is that in 15sec the door to be completely open.
I have no information about feedback, but I want to develop a very stable system, that's why I released this topic.

The actuator that you linked here will extend/retract ~240mm in 15 sec.
Take a look at the datasheet which you can find on the linked RS page, you have everything there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back