Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to drive a MOSFET with 3V pulses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrerex

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3v drive mosfet

do you know some simple circuit to drive a power MOSFET with short pulses in a 3V system?

Hi,

What voltage is your power supply?

Cheers.

It's a 3V Lithium battery. A microcontroler generates pulses of less than 1ms to drive the power MOSFET (Si7450DP). I would need some type of level shifter to rise the level of the pulses to about 5V. I think it's possible to make it with a pair of PNP transitors and a few resistors but I was not able to do yet:|
Some idea?

u can try boot-strap method,
u need a dioe & a cap, which two is connected in series to the output node, and the middle point is the level shifting voltage u need![/code]

Thanks Btrend, I tried with a bootstrap circuit and it works but it may fail in some situations. Whatever I already found a power mosfet that match my requeriments without any special cicuitery :D

Hi again,

Try using IR2110 or IR2113 from IR.

If you can get one, these mosfet driver chips are compatible with 3.3V Logic,

and are very fast. Their output may be used with supplies upto 20V.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back