Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to drive 12v relay using uln 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sramgrk

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ULN 2003

Hello Ppl,

I am new to this forum

I need help for my final year project, i am doing sensor less control for a servo motor for that i am using ATMEL 89C51/89C52 n i am planning to use ULN 2003 as the driver to the converter circuit

Can anyone tell me how to connect the driver to the controller??

Re: ULN 2003

Hi,

its very simple. find the input ,supply and out put pins of ULN 2003. and directly connect the input to any one port (2 or 3 or 4). out put to motor.

regards

Sudan

ULN 2003

@sudan:
thanks a lot for ur prompt reply :)
@shamikrudra:
I am using a servo which has completely different construction to that of stepper motor.
@IanP:
I am planning to use ATMEL for controllin so won't i require a driver?? the link that u hav given is for 8051 rite?? correct me if i am worng

Whichever microcontroller you use - you don't need a driver ..

**broken link removed**

Rgs,
IanP

ULN 2003

IanP:
Thanks a lot :)
one more query, can i replace ATmega16 with ATMEL 89C51/89C52 and do the same operation??

89C51 may require a pull-up resistor, something like 2.2kΩ between the selected pin and +Vcc, besides that it will behave like any other microcontroller ..

Rgds,
IanP

ULN 2003

IanP:
Thanks a lot for ur prompt reply :) :) will try this circuit and let u no the response i get by doin so

Added after 10 minutes:

one more doubt, which crsytal can i use??? can anyone send me the file where the connections od ATMEL 89C51/52 is given??

ULN 2003

Hello ppl,
I need to use a relay for my project and so can i use ULN 2003 as the driver to give the command to the relay?? Which crystal should i use for ATMEL 89C51??

sramgrk said:
can i use ULN 2003 as the driver to give the command to the relay?? Which crystal should i use for ATMEL 89C51??
Yes..you can use ULN2003 for relay driving. Any crystal can be used from 4 to 24 mhz. Only thing is the code execution speed varies as the crystal frequency..Cheers

ULN 2003

@pranam:
Thanks a lot :)

one more doubt,
how to connect goodsky GS-SH-205T to ULN 2003??
I didn't find the pin diagram of the relay anywhere, people please help

Hi,
It is very simple. take a multimeter, fix one end and change the other end one by one . Which lead is showing very low resistance ie: few ohms, you can finalize that is a coil. here you have to give supply for relay.

Then other terminals, any two will show zero resistance that is 'NO' , and the other one is 'NC'.

Regards

Sudan

Hi sir, im also looking for connection of uln2003 with relay GS-SH-205T?u have said fix one end and change the other end one by one but fixing in the sense can we keep probe on any terminal?but there will be 8 terminals right? i didnt get clear idea what ur saying... can you provide any schematic?

Last edited:

Check the following schematic

ULN2003_relay.jpg

K1-K7 are the relays, the ULN2003 provides the GND to the relay and the other end goes to the positive supply,
you also have to connect pin9 of ULN2003 to positive supply so that the internal diodes are connected, and pin8 to the gnd.

Alex

If you are using a microcontroller with open drain output you also need to add a pullup resistor (10k) from each port pin to the positive supply

Alex

relay:

Sir, im very much confused with my project.. i need some information on ports of dskc6713.. what i mean to say is now i need to connect a wired robot/truck and make it move in different directions according to the dsp led's glow like, for one led it should move in one direction...so can you please say me to which port on the board of external peripheral interface i need to connect robot/truck to make it move... I have searched about the ports in net but i didn't find any information...

and also one of my sirs suggested me to use a relay and an IC.. I have checked the voltage and current of dsk c6713 processor and it was 3.3v and 0.33ma..but what type of relay should i use? SPST/SPDT? i need 3.6v and 5.7ma to drive that truck...so i thought to use uln2003a driver IC to dsp .. is that a right IC ?can you please suggest me so that the processor wont get damaged....

about j3,Peripheral Expansion Connector

sir,
i want to enable and disable the ports of J3, Peripheral Expansion Connector of dsk 6713 processor.. i have written

#define mcbsp_dxr0 0x00000000u;

but if i check the voltage of the port, it still consists of some voltage..and if i include the statement #include<mcbsp.h> im getting an error like cannot open the file mcbsp.h.
can you say the solution for this. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back