Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw varying width of the arc traces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerlu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Can anybody tell me how can the varying width of the arc traces be drawn by Altium ?

弧形走线.jpg

Hi,

this is a handmade layout, without the aid of a computer.

What exactely do you mean?

Klaus

Best bet for arcs and ellipses is use a proper 2D or 3D drawing package such as AutoCAD or Draftsight, then when drawn transfer to PCB via a DXF interface.

I don't see varying width, just arced trace segments with different fixed width, some overlaid. You can route this way with most PCB packages, I presume with Altium, too. DXF import is reasonable if you want draw specific structures with help by construction tools, e.g. planar coils.

See the inner trace that has varying width, I just wanna know how it is designed or drawed..

I don't see a copper feature that couldn't be drawn with regular trace segments of fixed width. Even if some traces have varying width, there's hardly a necessity to do so.

In other words - just do it in your CAD system using tracks of a suitable width and do not worry about the varying width you see - it was probably all done with a pen 30+ years ago.

Make it better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back