Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw more readable electric charts?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoyanoff

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I`m using OrCad to make PCBs, but my shematics(electrical charts) are not easy readable. Can you give me a link or offer me a book so I can make my diagrams more readable??
Thanks!

The usual approach is to have the signal flow from left to right with the positive voltage connections towards the top and the ground connections towards the bottom of the signal chain. Transistors are usually (but not always) drawn with the emitter/source facing down for N devices and facing up for P devices. If you look at some typical schematics you will see how it's done. Here's a reference that may help.

These are basic things. I`m talking about drawing of more complex schematics - microcontrollers with many pins, buses and so on.

I always end up making two diagrams, a schematic and a layout.

The schematic has to be easy for me to follow the action. I arrange IC pins any way that suits. As I experiment on a breadboard, I usually re-draw the schematic.

When I'm ready to solder, I work on the layout, arranging components so their leads meet as conveniently as I can manage. IC pins match their real arrangement. I usually re-draw the layout a few times.

I would have trouble doing the whole thing in one diagram. Even more trouble if I were to use microcontrollers, projects with buses, etc.

These are basic things. I`m talking about drawing of more complex schematics - microcontrollers with many pins, buses and so on.
If you said that originally I wouldn't have to answer you again. :|

The many wires in a bus are usually combined into one fat trace at both ends of the bus. The bus is typically labeled with a title and the number of wires in the bus. See this and this for example.

This is not the point! Look, I`m expert in OrCad. I can do everything. I can make libaries with parts, with padstacks, with corpuses. I can draw make PCB`s with many layers and so on... I`m talking about the style of drawing so the chart to be easier for reading!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.