Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw layout of capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramana459

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to draw a capacitor

hi, I am doing CMOS based 2 stage opamp,
I want to draw the layout of compensation capacitor.
can any one help to me to draw the layout..

with regards,
Ramana

how do we layout a capasitors

ramana459 said:
hi, I am doing CMOS based 2 stage opamp,
I want to draw the layout of compensation capacitor.
can any one help to me to draw the layout..

with regards,
Ramana

no need to have special care on the layout of this capacitor. Just use the available space after layout the transistors to draw the capacitor. Its value is not critical, since due to corners the spread on its value will be big.

Bastos

hto draw a cap

but it is giving error while doing LVS, so Can you tell me any other method or how to draw layout of capacitor

how to draw capacitor

ramana459 said:
but it is giving error while doing LVS, so Can you tell me any other method or how to draw layout of capacitor

What kind of error. Does not recognize the capacitor, or is due to having different area perimeter in schematic from layout. Use the same values in schematic that you have in layout.

Bastos

how do we lay out a capacitor?

If you are using Cadence layout, use a square M2, then a smaller square of "res_id" and then use the same size "M1" , then extract to check the capacitor. The better way of capacitor design is centroid layout method.

Hi,

what is the difference between MiM, Mom, poly capacitors ??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back