Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw a ring (circle outline) in Agilent ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garypang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Anyone know how to draw a ring (circuit outline) and the arc trace (with thickness) in Agilent ADS Layout?
Because what I know the arc in ADS is only the line with no thickness.

Really hope someone can help in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Try using an arc from the microstrip library, with angle = 360. Or, if 360 degrees isn't allowed, make two arcs that are each 180 degrees, and snap them together. I recently made a ring-quadrature hybrid coupler using four 90 degree arcs of varying widths, and a common radius. It worked quite well, and made a very nice circle.

Try using an arc from the microstrip library, with angle = 360. Or, if 360 degrees isn't allowed, make two arcs that are each 180 degrees, and snap them together. I recently made a ring-quadrature hybrid coupler using four 90 degree arcs of varying widths, and a common radius. It worked quite well, and made a very nice circle.

Hi enjunear,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the components in TLines-Microstrip library?
Which component do you refer to?

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Hi Enjunear,

If we are using the "Mcurve" in the Tlines-Microstrip library, how are we defining the layer because its mainly defined by the substrate definition.
Are there anyway to manipulate the layers for the arc in the microstrip if I would like to draw the arc on my top overlay?

Thank you.

Hi Enjunear,

If we are using the "Mcurve" in the Tlines-Microstrip library, how are we defining the layer because its mainly defined by the substrate definition.
Are there anyway to manipulate the layers for the arc in the microstrip if I would like to draw the arc on my top overlay?

Thank you.

Yes, Mcurve is the object I'd use. The MCurve object has links to the substrate definition so you can easily build/simulate your circuit in the Schematic environment, then quickly transfer it to a physical layout. The substrate definitions don't affect anything in the layout... only the schematic. If Layout complains that you are missing an MSUB object, just click OK and ignore it. The only parameters that you need to worry about to properly draw your ring in the layout window is the layer (cond), radius, width and angle.

Try putting them down and messing around with two 180 degree, or four 90 degree, curves snapped together. It should be pretty quick to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back