Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to download Free Red Hat Linux Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Red Hat Linux

Can anyboby tell me how to download Free Red Hat Linux Operating System? Thanks.

re

if you are in china,you may try the site ftp.linuxforum.net, there is the
mirror of redhat and other linux site

The Red Hat Linux 8.0 has 5 CD. However, for a normal user, the first 2CD is enough, unless you would like to setup a server. Don't waste time to download all 5 CD.

thnaks for info.
:)

Warning #6-No thanks/ read elektroda rules before post/
**broken link removed**

3 CDs

Actually, I think you need 3 of the 5 CDs. I can't remember what the 3rd one included but I was asked for it. The last two are source code.

Yes, first 3 CDs are required.

if you are using Linux to run the EDA software. Use redhat 7.2, Don't use 8.0. it's not work.

archun said:
if you are using Linux to run the EDA software. Use redhat 7.2, Don't use 8.0. it's not work.

Hi

What did you have test on Redhat Advanced server 1.3 or 2.1 for EDA Tools?

tnx

What you mean, that Red Hat 8.0 not works? Your EDA tools don't works? May b e the problem is in kernel version? or packages? or....?
I don't thinkg so...

wzdreamer said:
What you mean, that Red Hat 8.0 not works? Your EDA tools don't works? May b e the problem is in kernel version? or packages? or....?
I don't thinkg so...

It might work because RH8 should be backward compatible with RH7.2. But EDA companies are very conservative. Look at the flatforms support of Cadence, Synopsys and Mentor, most of them never mention RH8.0.
They didn't compile the code with RH8.0 and didn't test with RH8.0. Why take the risk ?

I didn't try "Redhat Advanced server 1.3 or 2.1" for EDA Tools. but I did try on RH8.0.

Synopsys DC not work
Modelsim not work

EDA companies have to develop their products on stable platform, that's why you've never seen them support the newest OS version. Anyway, if this is your own machine, it's your responsibility to do anything you prefer. I'm using IC5 & Hspice in RH8 with no problem, therefore, I don't think to change it to recommended version, RH7.2.

Hi,

Is there anybody try eagle 4.09 with RH8.0?
I do not success install it.

Thanks + Regards,

Tr2000

mariaR said:
wzdreamer said:
I don't thinkg so...

It might work because RH8 should be backward compatible with RH7.2. But EDA companies are very conservative. Look at the flatforms support of Cadence, Synopsys and Mentor, most of them never mention RH8.0.
They didn't compile the code with RH8.0 and didn't test with RH8.0. Why take the risk ?

Please check this....
**broken link removed**

jimjim2k said:
archun said:

Hi

What did you have test on Redhat Advanced server 1.3 or 2.1 for EDA Tools?

tnx

Refer to **broken link removed** Synopys tests their software to qualify them on newer OS(es) and upgrades like Redhat AS 2.1.
According this report it seems that all of 2002.05 series of software work properly on RedHat AS 2.1 but design vision fails on RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 !

BEST!

If you use redhat 7.3, and installation doesn't include development software and other languages components, you may just need the first 2CDs. otherwise, you have to have three. I think the last two are document CDs. Actually, you can find many mirror ftp sites referred by redhat.com. choose the nearest one to download, it should be very fast.

Re: Red Hat Linux

$ynop$y$ 2oo3.3 work fine with RH8 and my favorite download site is

linuxiso.org

it will redirect you to one of the ftp site. I usually can downlad at my maximum link rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.