Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to download a hex file into 8051's rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumit Kumar Aggarwal

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i wanted to know that how to download a hex file into 8051's rom. Is there a way doing it, using just a serial port of a pc.

loading hex file

Hi
I don't think using just serial port.
I know you can program it by using parallel port.
search the eda board you can find many info.
regards

Re: loading hex file

For Any Microcontroller you must have a Programmar + suitable program that burn/download your hex file int Microcontroller ,

For ex : in PIC Miceocontrollers Familly i use ICPROG

Hi

To do so you will need a Bootstarp loader, or a rom monitor program running

All the best

BObi

You have to use a program for that check **broken link removed**.

Also you need a hardware burner for loading. Check the attachment.

Hi
Actually I depends on the Processor you are using certain advanced 8051 series with internal flash provide certain standard interfaces like SPI.

AT89S8252 uses this i have used this you can also download the PRogrammer for it its free for download

Hi,

If you use a mcu with ISP feature (In System Program), you can download a hex file via serial port. You can do that with the software that the Manufacter have for you to download (free), for example:

if you use a mcu from ATMEL, you can download "flip" programmer, from ATMEL's site;

if you use a mcu from PHILIPS, you can download "Flash Magic" programmer from "h**p://www.esacademy.com/software/flashmagic/";

this 2, i had worked whith and are very easy to work whith.

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.