Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do Viterbi decoding in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could any one plz tell me abt the veterbi decoign and its malab code?

waiting....

Re: Vetrbi Decoding ?

hi,
actually there is an inbuilt function - vitdec , which accepts the code to be decoded, traceback length, trellis structure, and two more input fields that decides the intial state of the shift register and decoding type ...

but if you want the code for this function, then its highly complicated, rather than understanding that code, you can come up with a better code, if at all u have comletely understood how a viterbi decoder works ...

cheers ..

bee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

would u plz give me any document from which i get a clear idea abt this veterbi decoding ?

waitign....

you can get it through google

You need Matlab comm toolbox to use its viterbi decoder. There are some free c/c++ code online. Do some googling.

Vetrbi Decoding ?

Bee are you a student in Alexandria faculty of engineering?.........Just a question :)

Vetrbi Decoding ?

its present in simulink model of matlab.

no i am not

Vetrbi Decoding ?

Infact matlab help itself has very good starting info availabe about convolutiona coder and vitebi decoding....

& in 2006(a) and above version- vitdec - command become very poweful with addition of code puncturing thing etc......

bee said:
Could any one plz tell me abt the veterbi decoign and its malab code?

waiting....

maybe it's useful for you

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

it is actually a soft decision decoding where by demodulator tells its confidence level too for his decision which in turn can be used in trellis

Vetrbi Decoding ?

does the vitdec() function has any flexibility in using the "Euclidean Distance" as a branch metric calculation?

Vetrbi Decoding ?

bee might be from istanbul technical university:p

peace upon you
my grdution project is in fixed wimax and i use vetrbi decoding in my implementation but when i use the vitdec function on matlab i found variable called traceback depth and i found that it is equal to 5 times the constrain length for rate 1/2.
but i couldn't find the value of this variable for other rates .
plz can any one help me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back